atom feed2 messages in com.selenic.mercurial.hgrc man file
FromSent OnAttachments
Venkat RaoSep 7, 2010 8:26 pm
Martin GeislerSep 8, 2010 1:14 am
Subject:.hgrc man file
From:Venkat Rao (vrao@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 7, 2010 8:26:43 pm
List:com.selenic.mercurial

Hello,

I recently posted a mercurial problem on stackoverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3632728/mercurial-push-error-on-google-code-value-error>. In the post I called the hgrc man gibberish. Martin Geisler, who kindly responded to my post and solved my problem, wanted me to expand on what I found gibberish.

Second, it would be nice to have a shorter man page which explains just the basics and guides users better.

Third, it would be nice to have an example file.

I realize that some of my suggestions are trivial and may go outside the specification for a man file. But the file does not seem to be written from the perspective of someone new to version control and mercurial(me).

Thank You, Venkat