atom feed3 messages in com.selenic.mercurial-develPossible hack for the subrepos on hos...
FromSent OnAttachments
Matt MackallOct 11, 2011 11:37 pm
Angel EzquerraOct 12, 2011 9:06 am
Matt MackallOct 12, 2011 10:02 am
Subject:Possible hack for the subrepos on hosts with flat namespaces problem
From:Matt Mackall (mp@selenic.com)
Date:Oct 11, 2011 11:37:45 pm
List:com.selenic.mercurial-devel

Problem: - subrepo prefer trivial relative paths (foo = foo) when you clone a clone, it clones the local subrepos - absolute paths/URLS "work" but not well clones of clones go back to origin, break when unavailable - non-trivial relative paths are bad (foo = ../foo) break clones of clones entirely - most of the hosting services have flat namespace only work with absolute or broke-relative paths

Fix: - the magic [subpaths] section now works -inside- .hgsub files - so we set things up the preferred way - and then remap the broken bits on the hosting service ourselves

----------- foo = foo bar = bar

[subpaths] # Our main hg-hosting has a flat namespace, # remap our subprojects to real URLs http://hg-hosting.com/alice/project/foo = http://hg-hosting.com/bob/foo-lib # and the bar library lives elsewhere http://hg-hosting.com/alice/project/bar = http://free-hg.org/carl/bar

I've done a bit of testing with local absolute paths and it seems to work nicely. This depends on Martin's recent patch that remaps the final path so it'll only work in the default branch.